Lassin 2011

A calling to serve the Lord by helping a village to rebuild their church building and minister to the children.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Expression of Love: Obey

We start early in life trying to express our love.  It may be a hug and a kiss or a bouquet or a poem.  Entire industries have been built on helping people to express love.

As kids, we already had it figured out: Jesus said, "If you love me, you will obey what I command." (John 14:15)  This isn't strict legal test where if you don't obey then you must not love.  Rather, it's a truth known deep in our hearts.  If we love someone, don't we wish to please him/her?

What I miss most about the trip was knowing every minute of every day that I was expressing that love.  I woke up in a foreign bed expressing that love.  I ate strange (to me) foods expressing that love. 

Back in this world, actions and thoughts with the purest intentions still leave room for doubt.  How I miss the simplicity of those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment