Lassin 2011

A calling to serve the Lord by helping a village to rebuild their church building and minister to the children.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

God's Calling (Revisited)

Earlier, I'd noted how Christians talk about following God's will and how God, through the Holy Spirit, "speaks" to us.  Let me give you an example.  When I made the decision, I knew with certainty that I'm meant to make this trip.  I knew the reason but have struggled to articulate it.  In my readings, it became clear,
"This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" (2 Cor 9:12-15)

I obey out of love.  May any good that I do be credited to Him whom I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment