Lassin 2011

A calling to serve the Lord by helping a village to rebuild their church building and minister to the children.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cherish Our Time

I work from home.  Over the last couple of years, the only times I've had to leave home for work was to attend training in Dallas for a week.  That was a hard week as I missed my family horribly.  Thinking ahead to three weeks with no contact may be the hardest part of this trip.

It's easy enough to imagine missing the sweet moments -- Luke's and Bella's unsolicited expressions of love, Peg's quiet reassurances, dinner with the family.  But I now find myself even missing the harder moments.  Weird as it sounds, I, sometimes, cherish Bella's little tantrums and Luke's resistance to homework.

God is faithful.  Many times, we've experienced firsthand how much God cares for us, especially after we've put our trust in Him.  There have been times when we've stretched our finances to give only to receive an unexpected check.  Faith begets faith.

This is a unique opportunity to plan for 'loss' and cherish the time I have with my loved ones.  Some may find this grim.  It's not meant to be.  I'm not anticipating death, but I do believe we should live each day as if it's our last.

No comments:

Post a Comment