Lassin 2011

A calling to serve the Lord by helping a village to rebuild their church building and minister to the children.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Technology and Cameroon

I'm a technophile.  So what do I do to prepare for a trip to Lassin, where life has been largely unchanged for hundreds of years?  I wonder if my iPhone will work.  Doubtful about the coverage, I start researching satellite phones.

We're now told that they do, in fact, have cell phone coverage (GSM, meaning AT&T and T-Mobile could work in the region).  Can you imagine how lives have been transformed?  While technology comes with some danger and drawbacks, some of the benefits are undeniable.  If they have coverage, I think I'll film a "Can you hear me now?" spot.  Oh wait...wrong company.

Anyone ever used Google Earth?  I think I found Lassin.  Zoom in, and I even saw some groups of white spots that may be the villages.

No comments:

Post a Comment