Lassin 2011

A calling to serve the Lord by helping a village to rebuild their church building and minister to the children.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Obeying in Small and Large Matters

Last night, Luke announced that he was going to do whatever I wanted until my trip.  My immediate, thankless thought was, "Only now and only until then?  Why not always?"  Thankfully, I generally don't blurt out my first thoughts.  What a graceless and hurtful reaction that would've been to such a generous gesture?!?

I wonder how our Father in Heaven feels when I'm so eager to obey this calling and yet struggle in my day-to-day observances.  Why do I lack the same passion when studying His word or loving my neighbors and coworkers?

In the Parable of the Talents, Jesus replied to the faithful (and productive) servant, "'Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.'" (Luke 19:17)  It's a clear reminder that we are to be productive and obedient with the gifts He has provided in things large and "very small". 

Father, I pray that this fire you've lit inside me this week will remain with all things that is good and for all time.  Let me strive to be the gracious and loving father with You as the perfect example.

No comments:

Post a Comment