Lassin 2011

A calling to serve the Lord by helping a village to rebuild their church building and minister to the children.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hungering

Peg and I have been on diets for about 3 months now.  Never have I been so hungry.  And yet, never have I felt so sated.  While I may have been full before, my body never felt quite right.

At church today, the sermon was Matthew 5:6, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled."  Jesus understood that it's only when we recognize what we lack that we can begin to seek to be truly fulfilled.  Such is the spiritual hunger I now experience for the first time preparing for this trip.  In seeking to answer His calling, I'm somehow humbled and empowered at the same time.  The strength I gain from growing closer to Jesus only makes me realize how weak I am without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment