Lassin 2011

A calling to serve the Lord by helping a village to rebuild their church building and minister to the children.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Service and Sacrifice of Comfort

God does not call everyone into the mission field and certainly not to Africa.  I don't mean that everyone isn't capable and equipped for it's your calling, God will make sure you're equipped.  Acts 1:8 suggests that we're to be witnesses locally and beyond.

So does that make the calling to go abroad somehow greater than serving locally?  I think our calling is to spread His good news and to love our neighbors, locally and globally.  Each of us has unique gifts from God (1 Cor 7:7), thus each must serve God differently. 

Beyond the best use of our gifts or talents, I believe that different calls serve to form each of us based on individual needs.  For me, earthly comforts has the danger of making me content and stagnant in my faith.  I can easily become the servant of the one buried talent.  This trip, to me, is a wake-up call that will ignite and maintain a passion for lifelong service.

No comments:

Post a Comment